I’ve always thought that the Lean Startup Canvas by Ash was missing something. So I hacked together a quick version that I’ve tried about 10 times and feel gives me a greater grip of a startup is doing and the potential.
This is a bit more focused on evaluating an existing idea but I still think it’s useful in brainstorming new ones.
Things I’ve changed;
- I make it build from top left to bottom right. I find it easier to flow that way.
- I put the customer first. Too many startups have an idea but no customer.
- I’ve added team to know who is doing this.
- I’ve added traction to show how you’re going.
- I want to see what you think you should do next.
- I want to know how big it can be.
- I want to know if you know what the assumptions are.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think;
Note: This is public, so please make a copy.